Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Journey Begins

Mitch and I have decided to begin our journey toward adoption. I have quickly come to realize that there are a gazillion different websites out there filled with a bunch of confusing details in regard to adoption. In creating this page, I hope to accomplish two things. First, I would like to create an online recording of our journey in hopes to help others like us sift through all of the information. Secondly, I want to create a digital tracking of our journey for us, our friends and baby.

7 comments:

Becky said...

I am so excited for you and Mitch! I can't wait for everything to start working out!!
Love you both!

Hers and Hers said...

That is a very good idea. My partner and I are getting married in May, and will soon after start that road to adoption. I wish you both the best!

It's Daddies. Plural. said...

We want to wish you two the best of luck in your journey. It's a fun (and nerve-racking) experience. One small word of advice... don't tell your friends and family that you'll be posing items everyday once you two are matched - it will never happen and they will start to annoy you asking for your blog update (hahahahaha). Again, we wish you the very, very best!
Paul

awombofmyown said...

How exciting! Thanks for sharing your process. Best of luck!

Unknown said...

We wish you guys the best of luck! We're using the IAC (link on my blog) and they are very gay friendly.

welcome2ourworld said...

Wishing you good luck :D

It's Daddies. Plural. said...

a couple things:

1)check this out: www.dad-blogs.com

It's a group that just formed like 2-3 weeks ago. A gay dad in Texas sent me the link last week and I've been on it a couple times. It's a great hub for all dads and soon-to-been dads (and they have about 6 gay dads that have joined). They're still working out some kinks, but what they have so far is great!

2) If you haven't created a portfolio yet, look at this:
http://www.creativeandsons.com/design/adoption.html

we were matched with only one portfolio going out, and within 6 weeks of being active.

Hope to see updates soon on your blog :)